Sibley Mill is an old textile mill located in Augusta, GA and situated alongside the Augusta Canal. Sibley Mill occupies the old site of the Confederate Powder Works facility. The Confederate Powder Works was constructed in 1862 and supplied approximately 2,750,000 pounds of gunpowder to the Confederate Army. The Federal Government confiscated the land and sold it off. By 1872 the remaining buildings had been deemed useless and most were demolished. The tall chimney in front of Sibley Mill is the only structure remaining of the old Confederate Powder Works.